Thanks for being curious about contributing! We greatly appreciate and welcome contributions, be it in the form of an issue, quick feedback on the course or its content, a pull request, or any other form of getting in touch.
Create an issue
Do you have a question, a feature request, found a mistake, or just want to say hi? Open up an issue on our GitHub repository!
Create a pull request
Did you not only found a mistake but also a fix for it? Fantastic! If you want to make a pull request against this repository, here's what we recommend you to do:
- Create an issue on GitHub about the issue that your PR will fix.
- Fork the GitHub repository.
- Clone your fork.
- In your clone, check out a new branch. Try to give the branch a meaningful name, for example the number of the issue you have created:
git checkout -b fix-issue-8
- Make your changes. This website is written in MarkDown - you can find a style guide here.
- The website is build with mkdocs. If you want to preview your changes, build the website locally by installing the requirements in the root of the repository (
pip install -r requirements.txt) and running
mkdocs serve. The website will be build and served at http://127.0.0.1:8000.
- If your satisfied,
- Afterwards, push them to your fork of the repository on GitHub. The command will likely look like this:
git push origin <yourbranchname>
- Finally, you will be able to open up a pull request online by clicking "create PR" in the web interface.
This was only a quick rundown of the steps towards a pull request. A more in depth explanation can be found in GitHub's docs, but you can always reach out to us via an issue and we will provide assistance.
Thanks for contributing!¶